Wednesday, October 17, 2012
Here's how Massachusetts Republican and Democrat activists and officials responded to last night's presidential debate.
The attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya that resulted in the death of four Americans became a flashpoint in Tuesday night's second debate between President Barack Obama and Gov. Mitt Romney: that's the major finding of the Red and Blue Commonwealth flash polls sent out to local politicos immediately after the debate ended last night. Obama and Romney faced off on Oct. 16 at Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York in a town hall format, with CNN's Candy Crowley moderating a debate that covered both domestic and foreign policy. Of the 17 local influential Democrats who took the poll after the debate ended, 13 of them (76.5 percent) voted that Obama won by a large margin and four (23.5 percent) voted that the president won by a …
Thursday, October 4, 2012
Here's what Massachusetts Republicans and Democrats said about the Obama-Romney debate in a flash poll.
Mitt won. That's the major finding from Red and Blue Commonwealth flash polls sent out by Patch to Massachusetts Republicans and Democrats immediately after the debate ended last night. Local influential Republicans polled in Patch's survey voted 86.2 percent that Romney won by a wide margin, with the remaining 13.8 percent voting that he won by a slim margin. Local influential Democrats voted 19.1 percent that Romney won by a wide margin and 28.6 percent voted that he won by a slim margin, while 19.1 percent voted that Obama won by a slim margin and only 9.5 percent voted that the president won by a wide margin. Another 23.8 percent voted "neutral." Asked who would be the consensus "winner" as declared by the national media, Democrats and…
Local Democrats and Republicans across Massachusetts discussed Wednesday night's Obama-Romney debate in a live chat on Patch.
In the first presidential debate from Denver, President Barack Obama came out flat while Gov. Mitt Romney had some effective arguments, according to local Democrats and Republicans from across Massachusetts who joined in a Patch live chat during the debate on Tuesday night. "Overall, tie goes to Obama," said Democrat Alex Buck. "Romney had a couple good lines, but nothing hugely productive. He looked jittery and possibly his most memorable line was about Big Bird." Reader (and Governor's Council candidate) Tom Sheff added late in the debate, "No defining moment so far, that's for sure." As the debate opened on the economy, Romney took an early upper hand according to both the Democrats and Republicans who joined the chat as panelists. "…
Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Follow comments and insights from local Republican and Democratic Party members from across the state.
Watch the replay of comments from politicos from across the state. EARLIER: Readers like you — plus local Republican and Democratic Party members from across the state — will discuss tonight's presidential debate between Pres. Barack Obama and Gov. Mitt Romney live in our chat room above. If you have a comment you'd like to add to the discussion, or a question for one of our panelists, type it in the chat room (above). Patch staff will pick out the best comments and questions to add to the chat.
Get the details on the presidential debate and comment on what you're hoping to hear as a Wellesley resident.
Wednesday, October 3, 2012
The first debate between President Barack Obama and Republican candidate Mitt Romney is 9 p.m. Oct. 3. Check below for more information on that debate and the rest of the debates leading up to Election Day. AOL will provide a live stream of the debate. TV Channels Broadcasting Live: WBZ-TV, WGBH, FOX 25, WHDH, WCVB, CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, C-SPAN Live Streaming Online: YouTube's Election Hub, AOL Below is the schedule for upcoming debates: The debate will focus on domestic policy and be divided into six time segments of approximately 15 minutes each on topics to be selected by the moderator and announced several weeks before the debate. The moderator will open each segment with a question, after which each candidate will have two minutes to …