Wellesley Historical Society, Inc.
The Wellesley Historical Society was founded in 1925 by a group of citizens who wanted to establish an organization that would collect, preserve and promote Wellesley's rich heritage. The society's headquarters, which are three blocks east of the Wellesley Hills MBTA commuter train station, now serve as the town's historical resource center. Situated next to the Wellesley Community Center, the society hosts open houses, an annual lecture series and other special events throughout the year. The building also houses a variety of objects from the area's early settlers and town founders.
- Hours: Open hours: Tue, Wed, 1pm - 4pm; Thu, 2pm - 4pm. Tollhouse Shop hours: Wed, 11am - 3pm; Sat, 10am - noon
- Handicap Accessible: The entrance is level with the street.
- What makes this community special?: All people of Wellesley
- Parking: Free lot
- Ticket information: Admission: Free. Research: Free for members. Non-Members: Fee schedule for research and photo usage.
- Gift shop: Yes
- Gift shop hours: Wed, 11am - 3pm; Sat, 10am - noon
- Membership levels: Corporate, Family, Individual