The Wellesley Fire Department was established shortly after the town of Wellesley was incorporated in 1881. A fire station was built on the current Worcester Street location of the department's headquarters in 1889. The first version of the building also housed the Police Department, the Board of Health and the Highway Department. That building was demolished in 1987 and replaced with the current headquarters building, which houses Engine 2, Engine 3, Tower 2, the department's administrative offices and a mechanic shop.
The Wellesley Fire Department has 56 employees, including 35 firefighters, 12 lieutenants, four staff captains, a fire inspector, Deputy Chief Jeffrey J. Peterson and Fire Chief Richard DeLorie.
- Fax: 781-237-3161
- Hours: By appointment
- Handicap Accessible: The entrance is level with the street.
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of firefighters: 35
- Number of trucks: 5
- Fire department services: Engine, Ladder, Rescue
- Type: Professional