Wasik's - The Cheese Shop
People come from far and wide to visit The Cheese Shop, or Wasik's, as it's known to locals. Since 1979, the super-friendly Wasik family has prided themselves on carrying products that you can't find anywhere else in the nation. A lot of the shop's merchandise comes from small artisanal producers, guaranteeing great quality for cooking and eating. Other popular products include Momma Wasik's many different homemade chutneys, including peach, cranberry and Nor'easter pepper jelly. Wasik's also holds community events within their store, like "Cheese 101" classes, tastings and "wine dinners." All of these events can be found on the Wasik's Web site, along with an easy online shopping section if you happen to be among the many Wasik's fans who don't live in a convenient location to visit the store.
- Hours: Mon, 10am - 5pm; Tue - Sat, 9am - 6pm; Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Street level access
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: Specialty and gourmet food products, cooking needs, cheeses, seasonal gift baskets, chutneys
- Food & dining options: Natural, Organic, Vegetarian
- Specialties: Cheese, chutneys
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: metered
- What makes this community special?: Camaraderie.