The foyer is neat and elegant, the music doesn't rock the building, and there are no men in the large aerobics class or the workout room across the hall. The Fitness Club for Women, in Wellesley since 1992, is a gym with a bit of finesse. In addition to a full class schedule, the fitness center houses a Pilates studio for certified Power Pilates instructor Marisa Petraglia and Future Shapes personal trainers. Child care is available for a fee.
- Hours: Hours vary by class and season. Child Care hours: Mon - Wed, 9am - 12:15pm, 4pm - 6pm; Thu - Sat, 9am - 12:15pm
- Handicap Accessible: The entrance is level with the street.
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Discounts: Student
- Membership info: After initial sign-up fee, memberships can be paid monthly or yearly. Specials are regularly available.
- Parking: Free lot
- What's the best time of day to visit the gym?: Between 1pm and 4pm in the afternoon
- Features: Cardio (bicycle), Cardio (elliptical), Cardio (stair master), Cardio (tread mill), Food/drink, Strength (machines)
- Services: Classes, Fitness assessment, Massage, Personal training, Towel service
- Classes/programs: Aerobics, Body sculpting, Cycling, Pilates, Weight loss, Yoga
- Restrictions: No smoking