"Next to jazz music, there is nothing that lifts the spirit and strengthens the soul more than a good bowl of chili." ~Harry James
Most of my co-workers bring their lunches from home. This often results in amazing smells wafting into my office from the kitchen. Those smells then make my stomach growl and typically cause me to curse the boring salad I brought with me.
One afternoon, the scent emanating from the microwave was so good that people were actually wandering in from the hallway asking what it was. The gentleman who brought it in let us know that it was white chicken chili. He then retreated to his office with the dish and shut his door, most likely fearful one of us would steal it. Instead, I asked for the recipe.
I couldn't wait to make it. You should make it too, not only because it is delicious but because it is ridiculously easy.
White Chicken Chili
- 2-3 lbs cooked chicken cut into 1/2" pieces
- 3 15oz cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 4oz cans diced green chiles, drained
- 1 15oz can cream style corn
- 1 15oz can kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 can chicken broth
- 2 pkgs white chili seasoning (I used McCormick's)
Ridiculously Easy Directions:
- Throw everything into the slow cooker for 8 hours.
- Go about your day.
Throw everything in the slow cooker for the day and go about your business.