"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the new feature in the comments section.
1. Steve Wasik, owner of at 61 Central Street, died yesterday. His shop was closed yesterday afternoon. Here is an homage and more information on Wasik and his shop.
2. The first US Census numbers are beginning to become public. Stay tuned to Wellesley Patch for interpretation and stories about figures exclusive to Wellesley.
3. For those that are unaware, the town has instituted a until Jan. 3. All meters in Wellesley are inactive.
4. There are several high school sports lined up this afternoon. Of note: The girls' and boys' basketball teams will take on Dedham beginning at 6:00 p.m. and 6:45 p.m., respectively. The girls are at home, the boys are away.
5. It snowed an average of several inches across the Bay State yesterday, and more snow is in the forecast for the week.