From which T stops are closed, to parking, to the race schedule and map of the finish line, we've got you covered.
- Register for the marathon’s AT&T Athlete Alert by texting RUNNER to 345678. On race day, you will receive an alert when the runner passes the 10K, half-marathon and 30K marks and at the finish line.
RACE DAY SCHEDULE
- 9:00 a.m. Mobility Impaired Participants Start
- 9:17 a.m. Push-Rim Wheelchair Division Start
- 9:22 a.m. Handcycle Participants Start
- 9:32 a.m. Elite Women’s Start
- 10:00 a.m. Elite Men’s Start & Wave One
- 10:20 a.m Wave Two
- 10:40 a.m. Wave Three
- 5:00 p.m. Awards Ceremony
- Blue, Orange, Red and Green line service will operate on its regular weekday schedule with extra service before and after the marathon.
- Copley Station will be closed all day. Hynes Convention Center or Arlington Stations will be open.Commuter rail trains will operate on its regular weekday schedule.
- All buses and trackless trolleys will operate on a Saturday schedule..
- Route 55 - Queensbury/Copley Station ~ Entire service terminated until completion of Marathon.
- The Green Line’s Woodland Station along Route 16 in Newton will be closed to car traffic between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. The station will remain open for customer use.
- Customer Service Van will be on Boylston Street at the rear of Hynes Station selling prepaid $5:00 Charlie Cards.
- On Marathon Monday, buses will be rerouted at certain times during the day to prevent disruption of the race. Click here for route schedules.
Wednesday, April 13 - Tuesday, April 19
- Boylston Street, both sides from Exeter Street to Arlington Street (intermittent closings)
Saturday, April 16 to Tuesday, April 19
- Dartmouth Street, both sides from St. James Avenue to Boylston Street
Sunday, April 17 - 8:00 am - 11:00 am
- Various streets through Downtown, Beacon Hill and Back Bay for BAA 5K and Invitational Miles (closed as run progresses to finish line).
Monday, April 18 - Boston
- All streets around Copley Square will be closed at 6 a.m.
- All streets inside of Massachusetts Avenue will be closed at 9 a.m.
- All streets outside of Massachusetts Avenue will be closed at 9:30 a.m.
- Commonwealth Avenue from Newton Town Line (Lake Street) to Chestnut Hill Avenue.
- Chestnut Hill Avenue from Commonwealth avenue to Brookline Town Line (Ayr Road).
- Beacon Street from Chestnut Hill Ave to Brookline Town Line (Cleveland Circle). Beacon Street through Brookline will also be closed from Brookline Town Line (St. Mary's Street) to Commonwealth Ave.
- Berkeley Street from Stuart Street to Newbury Street
- Commonwealth Avenue from Beacon Street to Gloucester Street.
- Massachusetts Avenue from Beacon Street to Belvidere Street.
- Boylston Street from Massachusetts Avenue to Arlington Street
- Dalton Street from Belvidere Street to Boylston Street
- Hereford Street from Commonwealth Avenue to Boylston Street
- Gloucester Street from Commonwealth Avenue to Boylston Street
- Fairfield Street from Boylston Street to Newbury Street
- Exeter Street from Commonwealth Avenue to Huntington Avenue
- Dartmouth Street from St. James Avenue to Newbury Street
- Clarendon Street from Commonwealth Avenue to Stuart Street
- Berkeley Street from Columbus Avenue to Newbury Street
- St. James Avenue from Arlington Street to Dartmouth Street
- Stuart St. from Arlington Street to Dartmouth Street
- Trinity Place from St. James Avenue to Mass. Turnpike on-ramp
- Public Alley #440 from Exeter Street to Dartmouth Street
- Providence Street from Arlington Street to Berkeley Street
- On-street parking in Boston’s Back Bay is extremely limited during race week. There are a number of parking garages in the area; however, public transportation is strongly encouraged.
- Parking meters are not active on Patriots’ Day; however, due to road closures and traffic congestion, spectators will be unable to drive near the finish area.
- Garage @ 100 Clarendon. One block from the finish line, it's the official parking garage of the Boston Marathon. Visit www.100clarendon.com for more information on Marathon Day Parking, Hotel Parking, and all other parking services.
Info from Boston Athletic Association.