1. The weather looks to be sunny, although perhaps a bit brisk for some. 46ºF highs during the day, and a mostly clear night with a low of 27ºF, so says the National Weather Service.
2. The Needham Community Council Thrift Shop is now open. Running from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. today, you can swap out some old clothes for some new-to-you threads at 570 Hillside Ave in Needham.
3. It stopped in Needham the other day, but you can catch The Polar Express for a Train Ride at 252 Main St in Hyannis or 70 Main St in Buzzards Bay. Coach tickets are $29 for adults, $19 for kids, and you and your kids will get to meet Santa and have some hot chocolate and cookies. Can't make it today, catch the full schedule on their website.
4. Have an urge to make a scarf? The MetroWest Knitting Guild is meeting tonight at the Needham Free Public Library. If you're knitting anything at any skill level, stop by to join them at 6:45 p.m. They collect an annual dues of $20.
5. Succulents, the type of plant, that is--if you're looking into Creating a Container of Succulents, then perhaps the Massachusetts Horticultural Society can give you some tips on what works and what doesn't. The class, which is running at 7 p.m. tonight, will set you back $12 for members, $15 for non-members.