1. The team will represent Massachusetts in the New England Regional Tournament which begins this weekend.
2. The tournament is set up in "round robin" fashion, which means the team will play the winners from Maine, Vermont, Connecticut, Rhode Island and New Hampshire once each between Friday, Aug. 3 and Wednesday, Aug. 8. (Some of the games will be televised on NESN.)
3. The top four teams advance to the semifinal round, which will be played Thursday, Aug. 9. The championship game is Saturday, Aug. 11.
4. Have you checked our back to school guide? It's never too early to begin planning to send the kids back.
5. Who doesn't like an ice cream sandwich?