1. Today's temperature expected, by the National Weather Service, to hit a balmy 37ºF (balmy relative to yesterday), and dip down to 23ºF. The skies should be partly cloudy by day, mostly clear by night.
2. Enjoy your lunch and meet some new people over in Needham, as Frank Arren’s Lunchtime Networking Group meets at the The Congregational Church of Needham at noon.
3. It is the first Friday of the new year, and that means one thing (at least to the game aficionados at Carter Memorial United Methodist Church): First Friday Game Night. At 6:30 p.m., head over with your favorite games, or hang out and play some of theirs. Bring a snack to share.
4. The spring musical in town will be Children of Eden. If you can't wait until the spring, however, the Wellesley Players are previewing Children of Eden at 3 p.m. tomorrow, Saturday. Head over to the Wakelin room at Wellesley Free Library for some musical highlights.
5. It may be chilly, but there's shopping to be done. The Dedham Square Country Market opens on Sunday at 10 a.m. with a whole slew of vendors featuring everything from seafood to cheeses to root vegetables. Head over to 626 High St in Dedham, and pick up some fine finds. List of vendors on the event page.