1. It looks like it will be a damp day--about a 70 percent chance of showers during the day, the National Weather Service tells us, moving up to 100 percent in the evening. They anticipate about an inch of rain, all told. Otherwise, cloudy with highs of 58ºF and lows of 52ºF.
2. Join other residents in talking about what interests you via a blog on Wellesley Patch. Other bloggers write about real estate issues, grammar, Social Security, fashion and other subjects. Write about almost anything, as much or little as you want, as often as you like! Questions? E-mail Grahame.Turner@patch.com
3. The Needham Community Council Thrift Shop is open every Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 5-7 p.m. Find great bargains on men's, women's and children's clothing and small household goods. Items change weekly—shop often and find treasures! Learn more atneedhamcommunitycouncil.org.
4. Do you want to check out the behind-the-scenes world of Greek and Roman holdings at the Davis Museum? Then check out Festina lente: Conserving Antiquity at Wellesley College, which means 11 a.m. According to the site, the adage, Festina lente, to "make haste slowly" was a favorite of the first Roman emperor, Augustus.
5. Feeling stressed? Visions HealthCare is offering a Free Orientation to Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction. Their class starts off at 7 p.m., and while the orientation is free, the rest of the course will run $540.