1. Cold and bright, with mostly sunny skies and a high of 19ºF, so says the National Weather Service. They also predict the evening temperatures will dip to 3 p.m., with partly cloudy skies.
2. If you're looking for that perfect, slightly used T-shirt, Community Council Thrift Shop is open again today. Stop by 570 Hillside Ave, Needham to find deals on “new to you” clothing and small household items. Head in through the left doorway to pick up, or the right doorway to drop off. See the event listing for more information on donations.
3. Winter lights and the Red Sox. If you like those two things, you'll probably like the Fenway Park Winter Light Show. Naturally, it's at Fenway Park, 4 Yawkey Way in Boston. Tickets are $15. For more information visit www.redsox.com/tours or call (617) 226-6675
4. Those who dig shooting hoops should check out the Boston Sports Club's Wellesley Mens Basketball League. If you want to play, you'll need to sign up by Jan. 25. To enter yourself or a team into the league please contact Douglas.Wallace@town-sports.com. Please call Boston Sports Club in Wellesley at 781-263-5800 with any questions.
5. Ever find yourself asking What's Up With Your Teens? Part of the Parents Lounge series, Temple Aliyah hosts guest speaker Dan Brosgol, director of Prozdor in Newton. They are kicking things off at 7:45 p.m.
[Update: The What's Up With Your Teens? event has been postponed today because guest speaker Dan Brosgol is unable to attend. 10:37 a.m.]