1. The heat wave from the weekend seems to be breaking--as will the clouds: the National Weather Service predicts it will be 77ºF, but it will rain heavily during the day. In the evening, they expect a 60 percent chance of showers in the evening and a low of 50ºF.
2. The Transitions Center at the Presbyterian Church in Needham is open Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to noon, with resources available to job searchers. Drop by to access a computer, office equipment and employment tools, do research or network with others. For more information, call 781-444-3728 or e-mail email@example.com.
3. Did you get "The Sense of an Ending" from Julian Barnes' book of that title? Then bring that feeling, and your thoughts to the Wellesley Free Library's Monday Evening Book Group tonight to join in a discussion of it. 7 p.m. is when they're starting.
4. The Center Cafe is bringing you two fine things: scotch and food. If you want to sample some scotches paired with some fancy foods at their 1st Annual Center Cafe Single Malt Scotch Tasting Dinner. Dinner starts at 7 p.m., tickets are $40.
5. (the West Suburban Alliance of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer Youth) has a meeting today at the Unitarian Universalist Society of Wellesley Hills, starting at 7 p.m.