Winter Storm Cancellations, Postponements and Closings
We're keeping a running list of the businesses, events, meetings and more that the nor'easter, a potential blizzard, is impacting.
The cancellations and closings due to the nor'easter started coming in well over 24 hours before the worst of the storm was expected to strike.
We're keeping a running list of the changes we've heard about. If you know of a closing, postponement or cancellation, PLEASE add it in the comments below. We'll need everyone pitching in to keep this list as informative and helpful as possible.
The best time to leave for home, we hear, is at about 3 p.m., but if you're heading home earlier, let us know!
- Wellesley Symphony Orchestra concert (originally scheduled for this Sunday at Mass. Bay) has been rescheduled for Saturday, Feb. 16 at 3 p.m.
- Boston Bruins home game on Saturday has been pushed from a 1 p.m. to a 7 p.m. start.
- The Archdiocese of Boston issued a statement saying, "the faithful are reminded that the obligation to attend Sunday Mass does not apply when there is grave difficulty in fulfilling this obligation."
- CBS Local reports Wellesley Public Schools are closed tomorrow.
- Wellesley and Babson colleges are both closed, and Mass.Bay Community College is closed through Sunday, also via CBS.
- LittleBits Toys posted on the Wellesley Patch Facebook page that they will be open today, from Friday 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. and they hope to be open on Saturday from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- The MBTA has announced service will be suspended at 3:30 p.m., andremains suspended through Saturday.
- Saturday mail delivery has been suspended all over New England.
- The Governor has requested drivers be off the road at noon, and has issued a driving ban as of 4 p.m. Friday.
- Massachusetts courthouses and offices will close at 3 p.m. All first-day jurors scheduled for Springfield, Woburn, Somerville, Boston and Worcester are canceled.