Due to Massachusetts "Blue Laws", many places today will remain closed. But, if you're looking for a break from the family madness of the holiday, there are a few places you may be able to escape.
Here's a list of what's open and closed in Wellesley on Thanksgiving:
- Restaurants, bars: Some will be open. Check for special hours.
- Convenience stores: Many are open, check for special hours
- Supermarkets: Closed
- Retail stores: Most are closed
- Liquor stores: Closed
- Banks: Closed
- City, State and Federal offices/facilities are closed: This includes the Wellesley Public Schools, libraries and the Postal Service. Only emergency services are available.
- MBTA: The Green Line and commuter rail will operate on a Sunday schedule. Check this story for more details on today's MBTA schedule.
Know about any restaurants or businesses that are staying open, despite the holiday? Let us know in the comments.