Wellesley's Week in Social Media
A look at chatter on Facebook and Twitter from the week.
Here at Wellesley Patch, social media is a big deal.
Social media is one way we interact with you, answer your questions and get to see what's on your mind. Social Media Saturday is a weekly feature where we highlight your questions and thoughts you've shared on Facebook and other media throughout the past week.
Facebook picked up seven new followers this week, the most in a while. The page’s popularity has risen with the temperature, it’s up to 223 and on the rise!
- Reader Cheri Brand Clark commented on a Question of the Day post asking which street, Croton or Squirrel, should have the right of way: Croton: it is the busier street, and at a 4-way stop, if 2 cars arrive at the same time, the guy on the right has the right of way, right? So, if 2 cars stop at Croton and Squirrel, Croton would have the right of way, and Squirrel should yield.
- Reader Liz Ci, commenting on a post about tips to keep cool, said, I see women in town running/jogging when it's 90+ degrees. Seems like asking for trouble.
- Reader Suzanne Leon kindly thanked Wellesley Patch for providing the info. You’re quite welcome.
- Reader Alli Braus Fronzaglia responded to a Friday Question of the Day about late night ice cream, Personally, I would rather have restaurants in Wellesley open later for dinner/drinks -- not ice cream shops.
- Reader Patti Campbell added to the discussion, its nice some things are open later..serves a need to those that are night owls..work latenight shifts and those cravings we all get at times..
- Wellesley Patch picked up a handful of followers on Twitter this week and the page finally broke 400 followers. Currently, Wellesley Patch’s Twitter following is up to 402.
- Matt Noonan (@NoontimeSports) offered a Follow Friday to Wellesley Patch among other Patch sites.
- There were mentions and retweets by Milestone at Wellesley (@MilestoneDining) last week as well.
Your town on Facebook
For more Facebook pages Wellesley residents might find interesting, check out our list of "liked" pages on Wellesley's Patch's Facebook. And don’t forget to follow Wellesley Patch at www.twitter.com/WellesleyPatch.