2013 Wellesley Town Elections Today
Town Meeting Member races contested in some districts, open for write-in candidates in others.
Wellesley's Town Elections are slated for March 5, 2013. Which your calendar will tell you is today.
None of the elected officials' seats are contested, but some Town Meeting Members races in a few precincts are running opposed. In precincts A, E and F, however, there are open spaces on the ballot, so these precincts can write-in names of candidates.
To help you exercise your right to vote, here is the information you are going to need when you head out to the polls.
Where Do I Go?
When you head to the polls, make note of your location. The locations are below. If you are not sure which precinct you belong in, see the Secretary of the Commonwealth's website for more information.
|Precinct A||Bates School, Cafeteria
116 Elmwood Road
|Precincts B & H||Sprague School, Gym
401 School Street
|Precinct C||Upham School, Gym
35 Wynnewood Road
|Precinct D||Schofield School, Gym
27 Cedar Street
|Precinct E||Fiske School, Gym
45 Hastings Street
|Precinct F||Dana Hall School, Shipley Center
142 Grove Street
|Precinct G||Wellesley Free Library, Media Room
530 Washington Street
(Enter from Rear Parking Lot)
If you're not certain which precinct you fall under, check the Where Do I Vote? page.
When you arrive at your polling place, you will receive your ballot, and any instructions on how to fill it out. You will need to check in and check out with the poll workers.
What's on the Ballot?
The following list of offices which will be on the ballot was pulled from the Town Website:
- Board of Selectmen, Board of Assessors, Board of Health, Natural Resources Commission, School Committee will elect one position for each board. These are three year terms.
- There are two positions available on Library Trustees, and Recreation Commission for three year terms.
- The Planning Board has one five year term and 1 partial term for one year.
- Board of Public Works has one three year term and 1 partial term for one year.
- Housing Authority has one five year term.
- The Moderator will be elected for a one year term.
- 10 Town Meeting members will be elected for each precinct.
To see your sample ballot, go to the town website and select your ballot from the list.
For more information, see the Town's website. Contact Town Clerk Kathy Nagle at 781-431-1019 ext 2250 with any questions.