Five Things You Need to Know Today: November 29
Shows and presentations make up the day's Five Things--a lot to learn, a lot to see.
1. Some clouds expected today, as today will be mostly sunny and mostly cloudy at night. The temperatures will range between 47ºF and 24ºF, according to the National Weather Service.
2. You know the story, now watch it come to life on the stage. The Wang Theatre's presentation of Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas! The Musical starts today, and Patch readers can score a few bucks off the ticket price. Tickets run $35, shows running at 1 p.m., 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. today. More shows are available, see the event page for more detail.
3. Your donations and help could go to build the Holy Spirit Hospital, Makeni, Sierra Leone, Africa. Interested in getting involved? Wellesley Free Library is hosting an afternoon of refreshments and door prizes during the One World Women's Health presentation at 3 p.m. today.
4. Wondering what to get the green-thumbed in your life? Massachusetts Horticultural Society has a few suggestions for Best Books and Gardener's Gifts. Tickets are $12, and it starts at 7 p.m. and goes until you run out of questions.
5. Disney's High School Musical Jr, as performed by the Next Generation Theatre Company (NGTC), is starting tonight, and running tomorrow and Saturday. The show kicks off at 7 p.m. at The Congregational Church of Needham $10.