Five Things You Need to Know Today: December 4
What do jeans, music, art and the fate of Route 9 have in common? They're all on today.
1. Other than patches of fog very early this morning, the National Weather Service tells us today should largely be clear, but cool with a high around 54ºF. The evening will bring a low of 48ºF, and has about an 80 percent chance of showers overnight.
2. Shopping and fighting homelessness? That's what Patriots Tight End Rob Gronkowski is up to tonight. You could join him, at the One Family and National Jean Company's Holiday Shopping Event. The National Jean Co. is located at 34 Langley Rd in Newton Center. For $50, you get in, 20 percent off your purchases, and complimentary cocktails--as well as being entered for a door prize.
3. Want some pointers on your art? Head over to the Needham Free Public Library tonight, where Artist and educator, Lavonne Suwalski will be giving her critiques of Needham Arts Association members’ work. That is Art Critique in Needham, and it starts off at 7 p.m.
4. The Metropolitan Area Planning Council is hosting another public forum on Route 9's development on Tuesday, Dec. 4, from 7 to 9 p.m. at the Raymond Callahan Senior Center in Framingham entitled "The Future of Route 9: What Might Smart Growth Look Like?." You can register online ahead of time.
5. Wellesley College's Collegium Musicum presents "Ordo Virtutum (Order of the Virtues)" tonight. They are performing their take on abbess Hildegard of Bingen’s allegorical morality play at 8 p.m. tonight, working in Professor Claire Fontijn's work on the "Scivias," an early manuscript of Hildegard’s visions.