5 Things You Need to Know Today: Sept. 21
Your roundup of news and events for the day.
1. The Wellesley Health Department has scheduled a flu clinic for people age 65 and up for Oct. 20 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Wellesley Hills Congregational Church.
2. Speaking of the Health Department, Chartwells, the company hired by the school system for food service, was asked to hire an independent consultant to oversee food service due to recent violations.
3. A portion of Dover Road will be closed for paving today. The road was supposed to be paved yesterday, but because of the weather it was pushed to today. Southbound traffic will be detoured.
4. Speaking of rain, there shouldn’t be any today, according to the National Weather Service, which calls for a partly sunny, 76-degree day.
5. We’ve had great responses to our Patch Picks question this week. Who is your favorite teacher in town?