5 Things You Need to Know Today: Oct. 20
Your daily roundup of news and events.
1. The Wellesley Health Department will hold its seasonal flu clinic today for residents age 18 and up. The clinic will be from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Wellesley Hills Congregational Church. People age 65 and older must bring a Medicare card or other senior insurance plan card.
2. While you’re there getting a flu shot, you can stop by the church’s annual pumpkin patch.
3. The cold rain refused to quit yesterday. But today, the National Weather Service says it should clear up in the afternoon. Expect a 69-degree day with emerging sun.
4. The School Committee and Board of Public Works will meet tonight at 8 at the Municipal Light Plant at 4 Municipal Way.
5. The Wellesley High School girls’ and boys’ soccer teams play Norwood today at 3:45. Both Raiders teams are in first place in the Herget Division of the Bay State Conference. The girls (10-3 league, 11-3 overall) are away, the boys (9-4 league, 10-4 overall) are home.