5 Things You Need to Know Today: Nov. 15
Your daily roundup of news and events.
1. Wellesley’s Special Town Meeting lasted only one night and was extremely efficient. Last night’s meeting ended after three hours.
2. The School Committee will meet tonight at 7:30 to discuss the “superintendent search,” according to the agenda (pdf). Superintendent Bella T. Wong announced last week she would be resigning at the end of this school year.
3. More meetings: Tonight at 6 p.m. at the Olin Auditorium on the Babson College campus, representatives from the United States Postal Service will conduct a public hearing to determine whether to close the Babson Park Post Office at 231 Forest St.
4. One more meeting: This is more of a discussion of Wellesley’s water lead by town officials. Water and sewer superintendent Joe Duggan will discuss local geology and the town's water supply. The Friends of Brookside-hosted event will begin at 7:30 p.m. in the Wakelin Room of the library’s main branch (…and there will be refreshments).
5. Before these meetings begin, you’ll be able to enjoy another unseasonably warm day. The National Weather Service predicts a high temperature of 65 degrees with a 40 percent chance of showers before 4 p.m.