5 Things You Need to Know Today: Dec. 1
Your daily roundup of news and events.
- School buses will have surveillance cameras on board next year. The School Committee voted to extend the contract with the Eastern Bus Company for the coming year and the new agreement not only stipulates that cameras be installed on all buses, but also that each has a GPS system to help drivers navigate.
- The School Committee postponed its discussion until next week on whether or not to forgive lunch debt for certain families. The move comes as a part of its ongoing effort to collect on the still nearly $40,000 in outstanding debt left on the books for more than a year.
- It rained throughout last night, but today was sunny, windy and cold. Today will bring more of the same, according to the National Weather Service.
- What would you like to give or receive this holiday season?
- The Festival of Trees continues today at Elm Bank.