5 Things You Need to Know: March 7
Scones and songs, books and blogs, and more to round out the first week of March.
1. Guess what? Snow. There's a 90 percent chance of snow during the day, which shouldn't leave more than the half-inch expected to have fallen overnight. The National Weather Service is also predicting temperatures today to range from 34ºF to 30ºF.
2. Bake up some Irish Soda Bread and Scones, with a little help from the kitchen atWhole Foods Market. At 11 a.m., they are starting a class on baking up these doughy treats. Space is limited, so they ask people to register by contacting the Customer Service Desk at 781-235-7262.
3. Carpe diem! Seize the Day at A Musical Cabaret, this afternoon at the Wellesley Middle School. At 4:30 p.m., tickets are $10 for 40 middle schoolers dancing in 18 different acts from recent films and musicals.
4. Tonight at 7 p.m., the Wellesley Free Library expects an Author Visit: Kevin Cullen and Shelley Murphy. Co-sponsored with Wellesley Books, the evening's programming brings the two authors of a book on White Bulger and his flight from the law, his life, and what's on his mind while he's awaiting trial.
[Update: 3p.m.] The authors have postponed until April 17. They will not be at the Wellesley Free Library tonight.
5. Calling all hobbyists, advocates and meeting attendees. Parents, students and teens. Pet-lovers, sports enthusiasts and volunteers. Wellesley Patch is seeking a few good bloggers on our site.