5 Things You Need to Know: March 5
A college look at success in films, dining and information, or first-time home buying. Or, some fine jewelry shopping.
1. Today looks a lot like yesterday, says the National Weather Service forecast. A 20 percent chance of snow and/or rain during the day, 40 percent at night, mostly cloudy either way. High of 45ºF, low of 32ºF.
2. Lieutenant Governor Tim Murray will be at the Sheraton Needham Hotel at 8:30 a.m. to talk about growing jobs and opportunity in the Commonwealth at the Executive Office of Housing and Economic Development’s “Choosing to Compete” Summit. Head to the Grand Ballroom, first floor.
3. Jimmy Stewart's "You Can’t Take It with You" is the heart of a discussion of The American Success Myth on Film. Starting at 9:30 a.m., Babson College Professor Julie Levinson will talk about how success stories in fiction influence our reality. With any questions, or to RSVP, call 781-433-6400 or email RSVP@NorthHill.org.
4. For folks interested in the Walker School, swing by Walker Night at New Garden Restaurant. From 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., come in and learn more about the school and its programs. If you just want to help, download a coupon, and New Garden will donate 20 percent of your bill to the Walker School.
5. Sara Campbell LTD is hosting not only JoJo but her Blings as well. Stop by the Linden Street store at 6 p.m. to meet the designer and peruse the variety of earrings, necklaces, and bracelets all handmade in her South End studio.