5 Things You Need to Know: March 19
Five things on a snowy day. Pros of protein, English, and searching.
1. At the time of writing, the National Weather Service is predicting two to four inches of snow today, mostly before 2 p.m., followed by some sleet or rain in the afternoon. Possibly some more snow or sleet in the evening, mostly before 10 p.m. Temperatures expected to range between 36ºF and 25ºF.
2. At Patch, we like talking to you guys! Don't forget, it's a two-way conversation: we send you our Patch Newsletter, you follow us on Twitter and Facebook; you can start a blog with us, send us your Letter to the Editor, post Events and Announcements, and comment on our stories.
3. The Transitions center at thePresbyterian Church in Needham is open Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to noon, with resources available to job searchers. Drop by to access a computer, office equipment and employment tools, do research or network with others. For more information, call 781-444-3728 or e-mail email@example.com.
4. Some plants are professionals at protein. Not all proteins are found in meats. Come to Whole Foods Market today to meet the The Plant Pros of Protein, and find out where else you can score protein. Free class starts up at 6 p.m.
5. If you speak English, you may be able to help someone else learn it. English as a 2nd Language Tutor Training with the Needham Community Council starts up at 7 p.m. today. You don't need any previous experience, but they're asking for at least one hour a week for six months.