5 Things You Need to Know: March 15
Five things for the weekend, like a St. Pat's fun run and a plantastic kind of day.
1. In the forecast, the National Weather Service is forewarning us of a chance of some sprinkles, possibly even flurries. Otherwise, increasing clouds and becoming partly cloudy. High of 43ºF and low of 26ºF.
2. ShamROCK Your Body this weekend. Boston Sports Clubs is offering a Free Fitness Class on St. Patrick’s Day. Starting at 9 a.m., stop by their location and try it out. All of the exercise you'll be doing will be Irish-themed.
3. Or perhaps you'd prefer to Go Greene at Needham's Greene's Field. They are having a St. Patrick's Day 5k and Kids Fun Run to benefit the rebuilding the park. 8:30 a.m. for the fun run, 9 a.m. It's located at Pickering St & Great Plain Ave in Needham. Day-of registration is $35
4. Have a Plantastic Sunday with The First Perky Plants of Spring. Head over to the Wellesley College Botanic Gardens on Sunday, starting at 1 p.m., to go on a signs of spring scavenger hunt.
5. Want to know a bit more about the songs of the Irish Americans? Needham Historical Society is presenting a Concert and Lecture with a group called 'Ask Your Father.' Their event gets under way at 2 p.m., and is free.