5 Things You Need to Know: Jan. 9
Innovation, education and taxation. These things are inescapable in today's Five Things.
1. Mostly sunny today, with a partly cloudy evening ahead of us; that's the National Weather Service's prediction for today. Temperatures are between 46ºF and 30ºF.
2. Know what time it is? It's Patch Newsletter time! Sign up for our newsletter to get the latest word on all things Wellesley right in your inbox. Have a friend who's out of the loop? Casually remind them that they too can sign up.
3. Those intrigued by the Charles River School, may be intrigued by an Open House there. They're located at 6 Old Meadow Rd in Dover, and they're giving tours starting at 9 a.m.
4. Want to help some folks get their taxes done, and also learn some more about how do to your own? For the upcoming tax season, Action for Boston Community Development inc (ABCD) will need some Volunteers (and will give free tax training). Call 617-348-6588 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
5. The MassBay Community College Innovation & Leadership Speaker Series continues today, starting at 10 a.m. at the school. Stop by for a free lecture on how to say "I CAN" in the face of major challenges.