5 Things You Need to Know: Feb. 27
Make some healthy habits today, and make them stick, or check out some activist documentaries.
1. There is a rain/snow mix in the forecast, but the National Weather Service doesn't expect there to be any real accumulation. They predict a 100 percent chance of precipitation during the day, and a 90 percent in the evening. Temperatures should range between 39ºF and 35ºF.
2. The Needham Community Council Thrift Shop is open every Wednesday from 10 a.m. until 7 p.m. Stop by to find deals on clothing for men, women and children as well as small household items. Customers should use the entrance to the left side of the building.
3. Wellesley College is hosting documentarian Anand Patwardhan: Pioneer of Activist Documentary Film. At 10 a.m. today, a screening and discussion with the filmmaker of War and Peace (2002): Fifty years after the murder of Mahatma Gandhi.
4. It's not easy living with someone with Alzheimer's or dementia, but it's not a life you have to go through alone. Wingate at Needham is hosting an Alzheimer's and Dementia Caregiver Support Group tonight, for anyone who needs some help, needs to chat, or needs a short break. It starts at 7 p.m.
5. Do you feel like you are making health choices, then those don't quite become habitual? Well, for tips on Helping Make Healthy Habits Stick, there is a $25 course at Body In Motion. Stacy Kennedy and husband, Dr. Russell Kennedy, PsyD to share the science behind turning initial changes into long-term habits.