5 Things You Need to Know: Feb. 22
A few things to look out for this weekend: Purim and prayer this weekend, as well as a chance to check out some new homes.
1. The National Weather Service says we can expect some clouds today--increasing clouds by day to a mostly cloudy evening. The temperatures will range between 39ºF and 27ºF.
2. The Residences at Wingate in Needham, a senior living community, is opening up a sales gallery this weekend. They are throwing a Sales Gallery Opening Celebration on Saturday, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., at 235 Gould Street, if you are interested in stopping in to check the place out.
3. If praying is something a little out there for you, The Congregational Church of Needham hopes to clear it up in Prayer Made Visible: A Hands On Spiritual Practice Buffet. They are starting it off at 11:30 a.m.
4. For those celebrating Purim this weekend, Wellesley Weston Chabad is hosting a Purim at the stadium event at 4:30 p.m. Temple Aliyah is hosting their (free) Purim Carnival on Feb. 24 at noon, or you can check out Purim In The Wild West in the Masonic hall at 4 p.m. (1101 Highland Ave in Needham) for $18.00.
5. Films are full of people looking for something--they just may find it at Wandering Lost Souls: Cinéphile Sundays at Wellesley College, this weekend. The films showing at about 3 p.m. on Sunday are "La Jetée" by Chris Marker
and "Alphaville: Une étrange aventure de Lemmy Caution" by Jean-Luc Godard.