5 Things You Need to Know: Feb. 1
February's first Five Things for the weekend, including suggestions for those not so into the super bowl.
1. Partly sunny and 35ºF is in the forecast for today, from the National Weather Service. The evening will see temperatures drop to 14ºF with the clouds partly cloudy.
2. Two artists from Wellesley, Wellesley artists Nan Rumpf and Yale Nicolls, will be featured in the New England Watercolor Society Member’s Exhibit, with a Reception tonight. It kicks off at 162 Newbury Street in Boston. The exhibit runs through Feb 28, although the reception starts at 2 p.m. on Saturday.
3. What could be better than a candy bar and some bubbly? How about some music? This weekend, Champagne and Chocolate Goes Country. It kicks off at about 7 p.m. Saturday, at Needham Town Hall, tickets run $55--for more information, please visit www.needhamhistory.org or email Gloria at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Needham Lyceum focuses on the role of Religion in Government this weekend, at 9:15 a.m. at First Parish in Needham, Unitarian Universalist. They host Reverend Walker, author and the Minister of the First Unitarian Church of Philadelphia to discuss his findings from his book.
5. Get on board performance this weekend. Starting at 10:30 a.m. Sunday, the Unitarian Universalist Society of Wellesley Hills is the point of departure for "The Peace Train." Contact Rev. Jack Lewis email@example.com or 781-235-7423 x112 for some more information.
If you're looking for something to do this weekend, there are plenty more events on the events calendar--not to mention the Super Bowl on Sunday.