5 Things You Need to Know: Dec. 6
Five things featuring some acting middle schoolers, a sportswriter, some prospective students and a glorious physician.
1. Sunny with a high of 40ºF, if the National Weather Service has their numbers right. The evening will go cooler, with a partly cloudy low of 24ºF
2. The Wellesley Montessori school at 79 Denton Rd is accepting applications for kids 2-9. If you're interested in applying, perhaps you want to meet the director. Well, you can do that and more at the Wellesley Montessori School Open House, which starts at 9:30 a.m.
3. If you've already read "Dear and Glorious Physician" by Taylor Caldwell, head over to the Carter Memorial United Methodist Church for their Book Discussion Group. They are meeting this morning at 9:30 a.m.
4. The Wellesley Middle School starts off its One Act Plays: The Lottery & Property Rites. Students have been practicing and are performing these plays at 4:30 p.m. today. Tickets are free, but donations will be gladly taken at the door.
5. Sportswriter Bob Ryan is going to to speak at a Temple Aliyah Men's Club Dinner tonight. It's open to the public, and runs you $25 for adults, $12 for kids under 16, and you get a deli buffet. For more information contact Steve Markman at email@example.com or Bruce Patz at firstname.lastname@example.org.