World of Wellesley to Host May Food Drive
- Organization: World of Wellesley
- Causes: Educational, Kids, Seniors, Women
- Date(s): Please bring a food item to the parade on May 20th and then join us at 207 Washington St. after the parade for a food brigade to unload the food.
- Contact person: Michelle Chalmers
- Phone: 781.591.9435
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.world-of-welesley.org
Please bring one food item from the list below to the Wellesley Veteran's parade on Sunday, May 20, 2012.The World of Wellesley's goal for this years parade is to fill our float with food/nonfood items needed for the Wellesley Food Pantry.Please help us reach our goal and have your family bring ONE food item to the parade for our board members and friends to collect along the route and help us to fill the truck. Everyone is welcome to join us after the parade for a food brigade in the parking lot of the food pantry, 207 Washington Street, Wellesley Hills Congregational Church to line up and unload the food. Please direct any questions to Michelle Chalmers at 781.591.9435 or email@example.com Food/nonfood items needed: Canned Meals, canned meat, jams,jellies, juice, paper towels,toilet paper
Here are some basic Food Pantry Facts:
- All Clients must be residents of Wellesley
- 2/3 of our clients live in public housing
- Clients are allowed to “shop” at the FP once a month.
- We have 217 registered Wellesley households, for a total of 476 individuals.
- 165 are age 18 and under.
- 125 are age 60 and over.
- Our clients speak a variety of languages: English,
Spanish, Russian, Chinese, Portuguese, Creole, Somali, Farsi, Greek, Korean,
Chechen, and Turkish. Much more diversity in Wellesley than most people know!
- The best places to donate food are Roche Bros or Whole Foods. They both have donation bins near the check out counters for their stores.
- The Food Pantry’s donation needs change regularly. The best way to find out what we need is read THE TOWNSMAN. Inside the front page is
a box that is updated weekly with the items the Food Pantry needs the most.